Work schedule: Mon- Fri, 8 am – 4:30 pm – Full Time
Early Childhood Education (ECE) pays a stipend of $3000 annual bonus upon completion of the school year.
Under the direct supervision of the ERSEA Manager, the ERSEA Specialist is responsible for the overall program Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance (ERSEA) for clients interested in the program. The ERSEA Specialist certifies eligibility and assures it concurs with client and data system information. The position carries out duties for all of St. Anne’s Early Head Start and Head Start contracts and program options, as well as the state contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the recruitment, determination of eligibility, and selection of children into the Head Start/Early Head Start programs.
- Monitor attendance and work with Family Service Advocates (FSAs) and/or Parent Education Specialists (PESs) and Center Managers/ Home-Based Managers to address client absenteeism on a case-by-case basis.
- Collaborate with FCE and Home-Based Management to ensure agency’s compliance with maintaining full enrollment throughout the program year.
- Maintain compliance with income eligibility to assure 90% of the families are low-income families and assure the program is not over the 10% over-income threshold for total enrollment.
- Track vacancies to assure they are filled within 30 days of a child’s termination.
- Monitor and analyze attendance per center, children, and overall program, with particular attention to falling below attendance thresholds.
- Enter ERSEA-related data into Child Plus and monitor files, including ERSEA application.
- Take walk-in appointments and phone calls to assist parents.
- Work with the Disabilities Specialist in recruiting children with suspected or established Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs).
- Responsible for determination of eligibility and need for state contracts.
- Monitor documentation for state files to ensure compliance.
- Complete State reports, as required.
- Take part in the development of policies and procedures, when necessary, for full compliance of program operations within ERSEA.
- Participate as key staff for the Community Assessment and development of the program’s ERSEA plan.
- Analyze the Community Assessment needs to develop priority points.
- Maintain confidentiality as required by St. Anne’s, licensing, HIPAA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Follow St. Anne’s policies and procedures and mandated reporting guidelines.
- Attend staff meetings and recommended trainings, as assigned.
- Maintain regular, consistent, and timely attendance.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- Participate in the Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) program of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts degree or higher, preferably in early childhood education, social work, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working directly with Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection Enrollment, and Attendance in a Head Start program, preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California driver’s license, automobile liability insurance, and driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to receive and implement constructive feedback.
- St. Anne’s values the dignity and worth of every person we serve. Employees are expected to support children’s emotional and social development by encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-concepts. All employees must have the ability to treat those served by our agency in a caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the intern is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The intern is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Candidates (who have been in their current position for at least six months) may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources.
St. Anne’s Family Services – Human Resources
155 N. Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fax: (213) 385-1533
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may send your resume as a part of the body of your e-mail or attach it as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
Once a resume or application is submitted to St. Anne’s it is screened and processed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL to inquire about the status of your resume. If you are deemed a good fit for any of our current openings, we will contact you for an interview.
Please note, St. Anne’s conducts a physical, including tuberculosis and drug screen; fingerprinting and background check which includes Child Abuse Index, FBI and Department of Justice, as well as reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in St. Anne’s!