Under supervision of the Facilities Manager, perform a variety of cleaning, disinfecting and janitorial duties. Assists in sanitation control and checks safety hazards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Perform cleaning, sanitizing and janitorial duties. Includes, but is not limited to, general areas of public use, lobbies/restrooms, common area spaces, meeting rooms, offices, early learning centers, apartments and resident rooms, fitness center, employee lounge areas, and cafeteria space.
2. Report needs for minor and major repairs to Facilities Manager.
3. Maintain housekeeping storage space and cart in a neat and orderly fashion, reports supply orders to Facilities Manager.
4. Maintain regular, consistent, and timely attendance.
5. Maintain confidentiality as required by St. Anne’s, Licensing, HIPAA, and other regulatory agencies.
6. Follow states and agency laws regarding child abuse reporting.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Participate in mandatory trainings, in-services, and meetings.
- Participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in housekeeping preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with clients, visitors, volunteers, and employees.
- Ability to receive and implement constructive feedback.
- St. Anne’s values the dignity and worth of every person we serve. Employees are expected to support children’s emotional and social development by encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-concepts. All employees must have the ability to treat those served by our agency in a caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity.
- As providers of social services, St. Anne’s employees work with clients dealing with complex emotional and mental health issues, many of whom are facing significant personal crises on a daily basis. Employees must remain aware of any personal emotions, transference, and/or countertransference that may hinder the ability to remain professional. As such, employees are expected to maintain composure during all interactions and crisis situations, implement a self-care plan, and utilize crisis communication to deescalate client crisis and prevent any serious bodily injury or harm.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee will be walking or standing for majority of shift. Continuous lifting of 15-25 lbs., occasional lifting of 30-50 lbs. Position involves stooping, bending, stretching and climbing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Candidates (who have been in their current position for at least six months) may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources.
St. Anne’s Family Services – Human Resources
155 N. Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fax: (213) 385-1533
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may send your resume as a part of the body of your e-mail or attach it as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
Once a resume or application is submitted to St. Anne’s it is screened and processed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL to inquire about the status of your resume. If you are deemed a good fit for any of our current openings, we will contact you for an interview.
Please note, St. Anne’s conducts a physical, including tuberculosis and drug screen; fingerprinting and background check which includes Child Abuse Index, FBI and Department of Justice, as well as reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in St. Anne’s!