Hours: Thurs-Sat 9:30pm-6:30am, 1st Wed of the month same hours (can pick up extra hours on call if desire)
We are a Rate Classification Level 12 group home that provides support to teen girls ages 13-18. We primarily house pregnant and parenting teens, although we do accept non-pregnant and non-parenting teens. We have the capability to house up to 32 teens and 18 babies. All of our residents are either part of Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) or Probation and are referred by their social worker or probation officer.
Many of our residents have dealt with sexual abuse, physical abuse, verbal abuse, and/or neglect. Residents served were either detained from their parents, family members, or guardians and are working towards family reunification, adoption, legal guardianship, or permanent placement. As St. Anne’s staff in the Residential Treatment Program, we offer support, counseling, and interventions to all of our residents and we help our residents reach independence. Each of our residents are at different stages in their life so we work to meet each individual resident where they are at in order to provide the most effective care.
We provide individual counseling with an assigned therapist, educational counseling, life skills and parenting classes. Each of our residents receives complete medical care from outside medical facilities. We also strongly encourage education, and our residents are all enrolled in either school full time or a job/internship. St. Anne’s RTP staff provide transportation services to and from medical appointments, school, visits, and/or court, as necessary.
The Program Assistant greets residents and visitors, insures only authorized persons move beyond the badge door and into the Residential area. This person answers and forwards phones calls, takes messages, checks out vehicles to staff, tracks electronic data and files. This person must be flexible and may cover other departments as needed.
- Maintain a pleasant environment in the badge door area for the residents, staff of visitors of St. Anne’s.
- Ensure proper sign in and out of residents’ community passes.
- Announce the evacuation of the building during fire alarms and direct emergency personnel in the event of a facility or individual emergency.
- Ensure only authorized residents, staff or guests move beyond the badge door.
- Fill in and answer the main switchboard phone and transfer calls to appropriate parties.
- Keep the Residential check-in area organized and presentable. Report items in the visiting rooms requiring cleaning or maintenance to appropriate person.
- Be familiar with fire panel, conducting fire drills and evacuating building.
- Actively direct emergency personnel in the event of a facility or individual emergency.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, maintain a structured residential program for residents through the administration of discipline and setting limits for behavior.
- Completes daily reports such as SIR, Queens care Report, Meal Count, etc.
- Data entry into data management systems.
- Maintain client’s charts and file documents accordingly.
- Provides assistance to each resident by ensuring staff is notified to assist them.
- Appropriately sets limits for behavior
- Provides supervision, protection and care of residents, individually and groups at all times.
- Documents incidents when necessary by writing IR’s and communicates information to supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant work experience, BA preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, in particular, manipulate Excel data sheets.
- Must have great customer service skills and a warm and friendly personality.
- Will interact with clients, families and outside agencies.
- Front end reception experience preferred.
- Must be sensitive to and desire to work with an at-risk population.
- CA driver’s license & insurance.