Work schedule: M-F, 7am – 3:30pm
Early Childhood Education (ECE) pays a stipend of $3000 annual bonus upon completion of the school year.
Under the direction of the Center Manager, this person will be responsible for the overall monitoring and supervision of the children in the classroom. Assists classroom teaching staff with planning, facilitating & implementing individual & group activities designed to stimulate children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. Assists in observing individual and group activities for the purpose of assisting with assessments. Assist with the inclusion of children with special needs. Encourage parents in the educational activities of the program and assists with promoting the parent as the child’s main influence in their development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist Teacher in the implementation of the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the St. Anne’s Early Learning Centers, Head Start and CDE.
- Responsible for following and implementing all Head Start Performance Standards.
- Record anecdotal notes and aggregate data using Child Plus data collection system.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of school readiness goals.
- Record anecdotal notes and observations of children.
- Assists in ensuring the implementation of safe and supervised indoor and outdoor activities of children in the program.
- Participating in gearing the program toward the needs of individual children with focus on their interests, disabilities, strengths, individual style and pace of learning.
- Guide children in identifying their roles as integral members of a group.
- Assist with the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom.
- Attend staff meetings and recommended training programs as assigned.
- Must have AA in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field
- Has or qualified to obtain a Child Development Associate Teacher’s Permit or higher from CTC(12 units ECE/CD).
- Must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, especially in the field of early childhood education.
- Must demonstrate competencies in planning and implementing learning experience that:
- Advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, understanding and use of language and increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, appreciation of books, understanding of early math and science, problem solving skills, and approaches to learning.
- Establish and maintain a healthy learning environment.
- Support the social and emotional development of children
- Encourage family involvement of the children in a Head Start program and support the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Able to relate well to both children and adults
- St. Anne’s values the dignity and worth of every person we serve. Employees are expected to support children’s emotional and social development by encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-concepts. All employees must have the ability to treat those served by our agency in a caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity.
- As providers of social services, St. Anne’s employees work with clients dealing with complex emotional and mental health issues, many of whom are facing significant personal crises on a daily basis. Employees must remain aware of any personal emotions, transference, and/or countertransference that may hinder the ability to remain professional. As such, employees are expected to maintain composure during all interactions and crisis situations, implement a self-care plan, and utilize crisis communication to deescalate client crisis and prevent any serious bodily injury or harm.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Candidates (who have been in their current position for at least six months) may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources.
St. Anne’s Family Services – Human Resources
155 N. Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fax: (213) 385-1533
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may send your resume as a part of the body of your e-mail or attach it as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
Once a resume or application is submitted to St. Anne’s it is screened and processed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL to inquire about the status of your resume. If you are deemed a good fit for any of our current openings, we will contact you for an interview.
Please note, St. Anne’s conducts a physical, including tuberculosis and drug screen; fingerprinting and background check which includes Child Abuse Index, FBI and Department of Justice, as well as reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in St. Anne’s!