Work schedule: M-F, 7am – 3:30pm
Pay Rate: $21.58 Hourly with A.A. degree and $23.00 Hourly with B.A. degree.
Early Childhood Education (ECE) offers a sign-on incentive between $750 – $1500 based on annual pay/salary after completing 90 days of continuous and satisfactory employment.
This person selected for this position will be responsible for the overall supervision and management of the classroom, assist Lead Teacher and mentor Teacher’s Assistants. This person will also assume the duties of the Lead Teacher when the Lead Teacher is absent.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Follow rules and regulation as outlined in St. Anne’s policy manual.
- Planning and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the child development center, Head Start Performance Standards and CDE.
- Responsible for CDE and Head Start monthly report
- Responsible for following and implementing all Head Start Performance Standards.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of school readiness goals.
- Record anecdotal note and aggregate data using Child Plus data collection system.
- Gearing the program to the needs of individual children with concern for their interest, handicaps, special talents and individual style and pace of learning.
- Helping children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group. Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom.
- Conducting parent conferences on children’s adjustment and behavior.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher supervising the classroom.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher in ensuring the smooth coordination of all classroom activities and staff and student interrelationships.
- Attending all staff meetings and recommended training programs.
- Maintain regular, consistent, and timely attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality as required by St. Anne’s, licensing, HIPAA, and other regulatory agencies.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Child Development Center in the absence of the Center Manager.
- Provide assistance in the classrooms as needed.
- Attend all training as required.
- Collaborate with the Development Department to generate resources/funds through grant writing and/or program proposals.
- Participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 24 units ECE, preferred 3 units in infant/toddler studies.
- Able to communicate effectively with both children and adults
- Must have the ability to provide leadership and stability for program continuity.
- Ability to receive and implement constructive feedback.
- St. Anne’s values the dignity and worth of every person we serve. Employees are expected to support children’s emotional and social development by encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-concepts. All employees must have the ability to treat those served by our agency in a caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity.
- As providers of social services, St. Anne’s employees work with clients dealing with complex emotional and mental health issues, many of whom are facing significant personal crises on a daily basis. Employees must remain aware of any personal emotions, transference, and/or countertransference that may hinder the ability to remain professional. As such, employees are expected to maintain composure during all interactions and crisis situations, implement a self-care plan, and utilize crisis communication to deescalate client crisis and prevent any serious bodily injury or harm.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Candidates (who have been in their current position for at least six months) may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources.
St. Anne’s Family Services – Human Resources
155 N. Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fax: (213) 385-1533
Via email: email@example.com
You may send your resume as a part of the body of your e-mail or attach it as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
Once a resume or application is submitted to St. Anne’s it is screened and processed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL to inquire about the status of your resume. If you are deemed a good fit for any of our current openings, we will contact you for an interview.
Please note, St. Anne’s conducts a physical, including tuberculosis and drug screen; fingerprinting and background check which includes Child Abuse Index, FBI and Department of Justice, as well as reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in St. Anne’s!