Location: Main Campus
Responsible for monitoring, supervising, and guiding the staff and residents in their daily routine. Responsible for facility management duties. Provides leadership to the Residential Counselors and ensures a healthy, therapeutic and safe environment for residents and their children in their care.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provides oversight and assistance to each resident in working with a group and in handling individual problems.
- Provides supervision, protection, and care of residents individually and in groups at all time.
- Oversight and administration of discipline and setting of limits for residents.
- Documents residents progress; identifies possible need for professional services; communicates such findings to professional staff.
- Evaluates and monitors Residential Counselors.
- Participates in mandatory trainings, in-service, and meetings.
- Maintain regular, consistent, and timely attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality as required by St. Anne’s, licensing, HIPPA, and other regulatory agencies.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- Participate on Facility Manager Training.
- Participate/ Evaluate mandatory trainings, in-services, and meetings.
- Participate in the Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) of the agency.
- Monitor/Evaluate/Oversee staff trainings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related degree.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use good judgment in decision-making
- Ability to independently use a computer and the ability to learn necessary computer programs.
- Physical ability to perform ProAct, administer first aid/CPR and operate an Agency motor vehicle.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as a role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression is not acceptable.
- Employees are expected to be sensitive to cultural, ethnic diversity, and/or any other protected class. Staff will strive to enhance the capacity of our clients. All employees, regardless of position, are role models for the population we serve. Therefore, each employee must at all times function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. As an employee you will utilize effective crisis intervention skills to work in this dynamic and challenging environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Candidates (who have been in their current position for at least six months) may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources.
St. Anne’s Family Services – Human Resources
155 N. Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fax: (213) 385-1533
Via email: email@example.com
You may send your resume as a part of the body of your e-mail or attach it as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
Once a resume or application is submitted to St. Anne’s it is screened and processed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL to inquire about the status of your resume. If you are deemed a good fit for any of our current openings, we will contact you for an interview.
Please note, St. Anne’s conducts a physical, including tuberculosis and drug screen; fingerprinting and background check which includes Child Abuse Index, FBI and Department of Justice, as well as reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in St. Anne’s!