SPA 6 location
SPA 4 location
Hours Mon-Thurs 10-7, flex Fri 10-6
Number of Vacancies: 2.
Provide individual rehabilitation, crisis intervention, collateral, and case consultation services to children/youth and their families who are involved with LA County Department of Mental Health, Department of Children and Family Services and Probation Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide individual rehabilitation, behavior modification, case management and teaching and demonstrating activities.
- Provide oversight of clients from program admission in collaboration with the parents; develop individualized service plans based on assessment reports provided.
- Assess needs and services that will assist in the delivery of service and advocacy.
- Conduct visits to homes, schools and or other service providers in order to help client achieve their service plan goals.
- Manage community and family crises involving children and parents.
- Evaluate parent/child/family progress and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive plan of care, ensuring strategies, interventions and services are family-centered, flexible and community-based.
- Ensure collaboration and coordination among all agencies involved in the implementation of the families’ plan.
- Assist Child and Family Team with achievement of professional and family partnerships.
- Assist family in the incorporation of informal supports, natural family helpers, and other community resources.
- Provide 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed basis which may include weekends and evenings.
- Interface with Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Mental Health, court systems, schools, health care providers and other community liaisons.
- Document client services in accordance with Department of Mental Health standards and Department of Children and Family Services.
- Maintain weekly service provision requirements.
- Active participation in administrative and clinical supervision and meetings.
- Ensure accuracy in work and that all deadline expectations are met.
- Follow up with supervisor in a timely manner regarding significant issues.
- Demonstrate ownership of work responsibilities by incorporating feedback, taking initiative, and interacting in a professional manner within assigned role and adhering to agency guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality as required by St. Anne’s, licensing, HIPAA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Follow state laws and agency mandates regarding child abuse reporting.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field.
- At least one (1) year of experience providing In-Home Services or work with low-income, high-risk children, adolescents, and their families preferred.
- Experience in In-Home Services or work with high–risk children, adolescents, and their families.
- Must possess and maintain a valid CA drivers’ license, automotive liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance carriers.
- Physical ability to perform Pro-ACT, administer first aid/CPR, and operate a motor vehicle.
- St. Anne’s values the dignity and worth of every person we serve. Employees are expected to support children’s emotional and social development by encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-concepts. All employees must have the ability to treat those served by our agency in a caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity.
As providers of social services, St. Anne’s employees work with clients dealing with complex emotional and mental health issues, many of whom are facing significant personal crises on a daily basis. Employees must remain aware of any personal emotions, transference, and/or countertransference that may hinder the ability to remain professional. As such, employees are expected to maintain composure during all interactions and crisis situations, implement a self-care plan, and utilize crisis communication to deescalate client crisis and prevent any serious bodily injury or harm.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Candidates (who have been in their current position for at least six months) may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources.
St. Anne’s – Human Resources
155 N. Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fax: (213) 385-1533
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may send your resume as a part of the body of your e-mail or attach it as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
Once a resume or application is submitted to St. Anne’s it is screened and processed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL to inquire about the status of your resume. If you are deemed a good fit for any of our current openings, we will contact you for an interview.
Please note, St. Anne’s conducts a physical, including tuberculosis and drug screen; fingerprinting and background check which includes Child Abuse Index, FBI and Department of Justice, as well as reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in St. Anne’s!