Copy and paste the job summary in this box. Make sure you use the content editing area to the left for the easiest updates and edits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains friendly, efficient, Spirit of Service attitude towards residents, staff, customers, co-workers, and clients
- Reviews menu, assembles food supplies and equipment for daily hot food production following instructions and assignment by supervisor
- Prepares menu items using established food production systems and utilizing equipment within cooking area. Follows recipe and other production information to complete preparation of assigned menu items
- Washes, peels, cut and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use. Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Carves meat, portions food in serving containers, adds gravies, sauces and garnishes. Performs other tasks as needed/directed to facilitate workflow in kitchen and food distribution areas
- Procures food supplies from refrigerator, freezer and other storage areas.
- Maintains accurate service records, records amounts prepared and unused portions after each meal
- Keeps supervisor informed of equipment needs
- Adheres to all departmental sanitation procedures
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of resident population
- Assures continuous and consistent delivery of quality food service
- Prepares food items according to standards
- Ensures a clean and safe environment
- Ensures compliance with the regulatory guidelines
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Provides assistance, where needed, with other food production
- Assists in stocking inventories, supply ordering and unit inspections as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1.High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- New Serve Safe Certification
- Four year previous cook/ line cook experience.
- Two year previous conference & events cooking
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively. Requires ability to read, write, speak, understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English. Bilingual Spanish and speaking preferred
- Job requires handling and working with a variety of soaps, detergents, cleaning compounds, and other hazardous substances following OSHA standards. The ability to do other jobs that is asked by the supervisor or food service director that is necessary to accomplish the task. The ability to multitask and problem solving. Able to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to life a minimum of 50 pounds. An employee in this position will is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Candidates (who have been in their current position for at least six months) may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources.
St. Anne’s Family Services – Human Resources
155 N. Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fax: (213) 385-1533
Via email: email@example.com
You may send your resume as a part of the body of your e-mail or attach it as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
Once a resume or application is submitted to St. Anne’s it is screened and processed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL to inquire about the status of your resume. If you are deemed a good fit for any of our current openings, we will contact you for an interview.
Please note, St. Anne’s conducts a physical, including tuberculosis and drug screen; fingerprinting and background check which includes Child Abuse Index, FBI and Department of Justice, as well as reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in St. Anne’s!